Designed for ultimate ease of handling on conventional FFF 3D printers. Ultrafuse 316L is an innovative filament for the production of 316L-grade steel parts.
Ultrafuse® 316L combines greater freedom of design with a low total cost of ownership. 3D-printed parts acquire their final properties, for example in terms of hardness and strength, through a debinding and sintering process developed by BASF, which has emerged as the industry standard.
As a filament, Ultrafuse 316 L is 80% stainless steel and has a 20% polymer content which allows for easy printing on many open FFF desktop printers.
Examples of applications using Ultrafuse 316L:
– Jigs and fixtures
– Series production
– Functional parts and prototypes
Ultrafuse® 316L is cost-effective because:
– Our filament works with any open FFF printer, which means low investment cost in hardware
– We make use of a highly efficient and established post-processing technology used in the Metal Injection Moulding (MIM) industry
– As this is a filament, material handling is much safer and very easy. This allows an easy material exchange in comparison to handling with fine metal powders
Advantages Ultrafuse 316L:
– It is in general 1.4 to 2 times cheaper than most metal powders, with less investment in hardware
– There is a significant cost advantage for small and medium-sized components
– The overall manufacturing costs decrease significantly with increasing the lot size
– With additive manufacturing, you can create full stainless steel parts with a high degree of complexity
For more information, please check these materials, or visit the Ultrafuse 316L page on Forward-AM.com
For a quote, please contact us by clicking here.
We select the best raw materials available from renowned suppliers.
Dedicated people, highest standards.
Production on our state-of-the-art computer-controlled machinery guarantees a truly consistent filament, also between colors and batches.
It will perform as expected, every time.
All our products are 100% traceable to the source.